Siri Daly is not only the creator of the Siriously Delicious food blog, author of Seriously Delicious: 100 Nutritious (and Not So Nutritious) Simple Recipes for the Real Home Cook, and the spouse of Today and The Voice co-host Carson Daly, but she is also the mom to three active kids. This woman knows what it means to be busy!
In this fun, breezy discussion, we chat with Siri about how the self-taught “passionate home cook” manages so many meals and schedules in her day while remaining (relatively) sane.
Siri spent years working in television production before embracing life as a full-time mom, which has its own joys — and setbacks. Some days she is shepherding her kids to all of their appointments and others she is waking up super early to co-host a cooking segment on Today with her husband. (And sometimes they cut that cooking segment time in half with zero notice — hello, endorphin rush!)
In this ep, we talk about how she creates recipes, fits in workouts on busy mornings, includes her kids in cooking process and more. Trust us: you will feel like you met your new cooking and mom BFF. We sure did!
Here are a few of our fave quotes from the ep …
Podcast Episode 87 Highlights With Siri Daly
- How her first cookbook came about and what she learned from the process
- How she taught herself to cook
- The Julia Child recipe that made her feel like a rock star
- The staples she always has in her fridge (hello, hot sauce)
- Her favorite recipes (including her husband’s legendary Bloody Mary) and the personal stories behind them
- How she sneaks in mommy “me time” when she can
- What it’s like to perform live on the air for Today (and what really happens with the food afterwards)
- The 411 behind the Real Moms Wear Grey Instagram account and hashtag
- How she and her husband manage their busy schedules
- The fact that she used to scold her sister for watching MTV’s TRL
- Plus, we talk about our own MTV TRL experiences — and how you can meet Margo at the upcoming Podern Love podcast convention in New Orleans! (Use “FIT” at the checkout for discounted tickets.)
Don’t forget: this podcast ep is sponsored by Luv My Skivvies, a monthly subscription service for undies that are as cute as they are comfy. Designed for workouts and your everyday life, you just pick your size and your style, and you’ll never have to think about what’s in your panty drawer again. Because badass women need panties that live up to our adventures. Be sure to check out check luvmyskivvies.com and save 25 percent off your first month with the code FBG at checkout!
Get the episode with Siri Daly here or below!
Do you have any recipes that remind you of a loved one? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!