Ready to raise your social consciousness and learn some hard lessons about privilege? In this episode, we talk to Andréa Ranae, a vision-led facilitator, coach and counselor and the co-founder of Whole/Self Liberation. Andréa spoke to us about how she combines her work in personal growth and social justice with practical tools and wisdom to help people make positive changes in their lives and communities.
In this discussion, we get into loads of topics that are currently considered “touchy” — including what it means to “unlearn your privilege,” truly owning your sexuality and managing those oh-so-difficult conversations in these politically charged times. If you are looking for some inspiration to enact positive social change — get ready to find it here!
And please don’t forget to check out our podcast sponsor VARIDESK. When it comes to making your workspace as healthy as the rest of your life, well, they’ve got it going on. See all the cool goodies they offer here.
Our favorite words of wisdom from Andréa Ranae in this episode are …
Podcast Episode 58 Highlights With Andréa Ranae
- How to attain personal growth that supports and contributes to social change
- The patriarchal beliefs that can keep you from owning your sexuality
- Tips for handling people who shut you down when you dare to “talk politics”
- Understanding the privileges you are born with and how unlearning them can enhance your communications with others
- The difference between being “called in” versus “called out”
- How, as women, we are conditioned to take care of everyone around us first
- The power of self-love and self-care and how it helps to manifest change in our current reality
- Why we are in a “constipated society”
- Advice for healing yourself when there feels like there is insurmountable work to do
Get the episode with Andréa Ranae here or below!
How do you handle tricky political discussions? —Margo