Get ready for a super informative episode! Dr. Josh Axe is a certified doctor of natural medicine, a clinical nutritionist, a chiropractic physician and best-selling author with a passion to help people get well by using food as medicine. He recently authored Eat Dirt and Essential Oils: Ancient Medicine and operates one of the world’s most visited natural health websites at DrAxe.com.
We chatted with Dr. Axe about everything from functional medicine to adrenal fatigue to what his favorite essential oils are (hint — he never leaves home without his top pick!). Plus, he talks about his daily “spiritual triathlon,” favorite workouts and so much more.
Oh, and did you guys notice our new podcast sponsor? Yay, VARIDESK! Be sure to head on over to their site now to see all the cool active workspace goodies they offer. It’s seriously work- and life-changing!
Some of our favorite quotes from this episode:
Podcast Episode 56 Highlights With Dr. Josh Axe
- The differences between traditional and functional medicine
- The signs of adrenal fatigue and how to best treat it
- How your food choices can affect your hormones
- What causes a leaky gut and how it affects your overall health
- His favorite essential oils and their different uses (and we share some of our favorites, too!)
- Best practices for weight loss and the No. 1 food in which most people are deficient
- The foods he keeps in his fridge and what he eats on a daily basis
Get the episode with with Dr. Axe here or below!
Have you ever tried functional medicine? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at email@example.com and let’s make the world a healthier place together!