NFL star, sports commentator and entertainment personality Akbar Gbajabiamila hosts the popular Emmy-nominated show, “American Ninja Warrior” on NBC, following competitors as they tackle a series of challenging obstacle courses across the country. And we had the good fortune of speaking to him!
We chatted with the very busy TV star about his favorite healthy living tips, how Netflix got him to change his eating habits forever, and the difficulties of raising kids to be active when they are tethered to their phones and tablets. Plus, he gave us the real scoop on how hard it was to leave the NFL and figure out his path in life after professional sports.
A few of our favorite Akbar quotes from this ep include …
Podcast Episode 49 Highlights With Akbar Gbajabiamila
- How his workouts have changed since leaving the NFL
- The inspiring stories behind some of the contestants on “American Ninja Warrior”
- The documentaries that changed his eating habits
- The challenges of giving up processed foods and sugars — and how it’s influenced his children’s eating habits as well
- His favorite piece of life advice
Get the episode with Akbar Gbajabiamila here or below!
Are there any movies or documentaries that have changed the way you eat? —Margo
Want to sponsor the show? Yay! Drop us a note at [email protected] and let’s make the world a healthier place together!